Online Gaming license in Costa Rica
Costa Rica is a well-known tourist harbor in Central America. However, it is popular for not only the palm trees, ocean and white sands. This country has a long gambling history. The reason is the tax breaks, flexible legislation and simplicity of setting business, including online gaming.
The greatest advantage of Costa Rica is the absence of legislation concerning online casino. So the entrepreneurs and gambling companies are out of the system of state security, monitoring and testing.
Due to the fact that there is no need to obtain a license, Costa Rica became a homeland for more than 400 virtual gaming companies, and the quantity is still growing. All these companies have internal self-regulation with no official structure. They do not need to pay gambling taxes.
Types of licenses
There are 2 types of licenses required for a business foundation:
- a data processing license, which is issued by the municipalities,
- license in the sphere of virtual games, provided by the National Registry of Costa Rica.
It is important to get two documents at once because they cover 2 different types of activities.
The first license allows doing business in a real and online casino in Costa Rica. The other license concerns only virtual gaming and claims only one exception – forbidden to attract residents.
It is also worth noticing, that the license in Costa Rica prohibits you to service the players from countries, where gambling is an outlaw. For example, the US, EU, Canada, Russia and others.
Besides these types of license, you can apply a sub-license. It will allow you to represent a known and respectable gambling house. The only problem with sub-licenses is the ability to work with the chosen type of game. So, if you plan to provide a few virtual games, you have to get a few independent sub-licenses.
Why is it profitable to open a company in Costa Rica?
- the legislation in part of license obtaining is quite liberal;
- Costa Rica is not considered as an offshore, so you have a brilliant opportunity to cooperate with US and EU companies;
- the personal participation in company registration is non-obligatory;
- the fee and duration of your request consideration are lower than in other countries;
- well-developed infrastructure;
- no tax on profit;
- no specific reporting and audit requirements;
- no requirements for the minimum share capital;
- a bank account can be opened anywhere;
- the server with data can be situated abroad.
Some features of the license obtaining procedure:
- the company must have an office in Costa Rica and some employees;
- you need an authorized person among the residents;
Eternity Law international will gladly help you with gaming license in Costa Rica, and our specialists will answer all your questions. Take advantage of our many years of practical experience – save your time and your money.
Please join our Telegram channel in order to keep updated for the new offers.